Sunday, September 25, 2011

{Home Made} Best Dinner Roll Recipe

My home made dinner rolls were SO lucky this week. They were privilaged to be served at the Relief Society dinner held just before the General Relief Society Broadcast for the LDS church. Yum Yum Yum! They were so tasty!
I enjoy making these rolls by hand and using Bosch mixer. They turn out beautifully using both methods. Be careful not to over kneed them when using a mixer.
[PS - I loved the relief society broadcast and I'm so happy I was able to attend]

{see recipe below}


Best Dinner Rolls Recipe
1 1/4 cup water
2 TB sugar
1 TB yeast
2 TB oil
1/4 cup milk (heated but not boiling)
1 wisked egg
2 tsp salt
3-4 cups white flour
butter
OPTIONAL: dough enhancer (1 TB powder dough enhancer powder, 1 drop lemon juice, or 1/2 tablet vitamin C crushed)

Preheat oven: 375 degrees
Mix first three ingredients (water, sugar, yeast) and let sit for 10 minutes.
Add the rest of the ingredients and kneed slightly. Handle the dough as little as possible to create a super soft texture. Kneeding too much will result in tough/strong rolls. Dough will be very moist and sticky. Rubbing oil or butter on your palms will help keep the dough in the bowl and off your hands.

Let rise until double in size, then punch down. (approx 45-60 mins)
Again, let rise until double in size.
Punch the dough down and them form in to 12 balls.
Roll each ball in a little butter
Place formed dough balls into a greased pan close together so as they rise, they will be touching.
Let rise a third time.
Once the rolls are double in size, bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 mins or until tops are golden brown and dough is cooked all the way through.
Butter tops of rolls when they come out of the oven.

Yeild: 12 rolls per batch
(there are 18 rolls in the picture because I doubled the batch and used 2 differnt sized pans)
Recipe may be doubled, trippled, etc...

Credits:
A relief society sister in Southern Utah gave me this bread recipe when I was first married. However, I was in a new ward and cannot remember the her name to which this credit should be given. I am so thankful to this sister, and wish she knew the impact she has made in my life and my kitchen. I have made a few modifications  when converting this recipe from bread to rolls, but it is still pretty close to the original

1 comment:

CreativeMish said...

These look really good Adri I'm going to have to make some.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...