Monday, March 10, 2014

Kids Book of the Week: Mom Says I Can

 photo MomSaysICan.jpg

Winner of the 2009 Mom's Choice Award

Why we picked this book: Someone in my ward was selling some books, and this book was part of a 'bundle' that I bought from her.

My Review:  This is my favorite kids book to date. Probably because of all the hugs and kisses I received at the end. This adventurous little boy is searching for the "worlds greatest treasure". He pretends to be a pirate, indian, spaceman, cowboy, knight in shining armor, etc... I love when he finds his treasure! The illustrations are perfect! I just love them. I am so excited when he chooses this book to read at night. I can't wait to read more books by Judy Cooley: I Love You More, and I Want to Be a Mommy.

Owen's Reaction: My sweet little Owen (4 yrs, 1.5 months old) studied and enjoyed every picture, and asked questions. He is so similar to this little boy in the book, everything is an adventure in his little world.

Mommy: What's your treasure, Owen?
Owen: "YOU!" followed by big kisses and hugs. Every time. How lucky am I? Seriously!


 photo insidebook.jpg

1 comment:

Grandma Betty said...

What a sweet experience reading to children can bring! I love your review of this book. Well Said Adri!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...